Met Gala, which takes places on the first Monday of May every year, is known for the boldest and the best of fashion games. The theme for Met Gala 2018 – “Heavenly Bodies” was dedicated to the amalgamation of fashion and religion. As a result, we saw the celebrities going out of their comfort zone to serve the theme in the best manner possible. Here is the list of my favourites from yesterday night’s mega event:
- Blake Lively in Versace: My top favourite has to be Blake Lively who wore a custome-made Versace gown, which apparently took 600 hours in the making; the ruby hued gown with a corset and delicate embroidery all over, with spikes in the hair suited the theme perfectly. She looked like a Goddess.
2. Priyanka Chopra in Ralph Lauren: For a second year in a row, Priyanka picked Ralph Lauren and hit the ball off the park again. I particularly loved the intricate veil / head gear and the vintage hairstyle.
3. Rihanna in Maison Margiela: Known to be the Queen of Met Galas, Rihanna nailed it again in a custom-made pearl embellished Maison Margeila which consisted of a strapless dress, a coat and a Pope’s hat as well. Easily one of the best dressed who also nailed the theme.
4. Frances McDormand in Valentino: McDormand was one of the very few in colours other than neutrals and cardinal red and brought a lot of drama in a Valentino blue cape and lime dress and boy, that fascinator must have caused some visibility issue but was definitely fascinating.
5. Bella Hadid in Gareth Pugh: Bella took the darker & gothic route in an all black look featuring a long cape. She looked quite fierce.
6. Lily Colins in Givenchy: While this may not have been my favourite outfit of all, but I liked Lily becuaee of the on-point make up and hair. Following in the footsteps of Bella, she nailed the gothic look as well.
7. Rosie Hutington in Ralph Lauren: A good example of how one could have worked a not-too-dramatic and elegant gown with the theme as well. Rosie looked quite regal in her angelic attire and I was really drawn towards that halo.
Now, it’s your time to tell me who was your favourite?
P.S. Also if you’re wondering why I didn’t feature Deepika Padukone who was present at Met Gala too, it’s because I was completely disappointed with her outfit and she got the theme all wrong. It seemed as if she was attending Filmfare or IIFA agai; no novelty whatsoever! Nonetheless, FYI she wore a Prabal Gurung red gown and here’s the picture from the event:
Until next time,
Stay Stylish, Stay Fabulous,